Tuesday, January 30, 2007

What was your Ohio Lacrosse Experience?

Dear Teammates, Coaches, Parents, and Alumni,

I am asking for you all to reflect on your time as an Ohio Lacrosse player, coach, or parent at Ohio. What was your experience? What did you learn? How has Ohio lacrosse helped you? I would like to compile these stories to develop an article that can be sent out. I will of course run it by you first, but I think that it is important to Ohio to know what the experience means to us and what they are loosing.

1 comment:

Anne said...

It makes sense that mine would be the first on the Ohio Lacrosse Experience portion of the blog. As the first head coach of the reinstated program (1999-2002)I was shocked at the news that the school had decided to drop the program. It really did feel as if a part of me had died. I had several calls and emails from friends and past players who knew that, despite the fact that I no longer coach at Ohio, this cut would affect me deeply. Ohio Lacrosse was my pride and joy, my heart and sould for 4 years. I put everything I was into the rebuilding of that program and was so proud and positive about the way I left the team, at that time in the very capable hands of Kate Brew. The hardest thing I have ever done in my life was to resign as the coach at Ohio and although I know it was the right decision for my life and for the life of the program, my resignation did not sever my love and affection for the team and its players. This is a real tragedy to so many people and such a disgrace to Ohio University. It is ridiculous to think that Ohio Football will every be able to support itself or compete with Ohio State- it just isn't going to happen. Mr. McDavis and Mr. Hocutt should do the right thing and admit that Ohio is a great academic and athletic institution, but it is not a top Football program and will never be. Being realistic in the face of facts is the right thing to do.